Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Class A amplification of RF pulses

Status
Not open for further replies.

victous

Hi All,

I am a beginner in electronics and want to ask for advice.

I need to amplify voltage level of sequence of rectangular RF pulses (where RF frequency of each pulse is 5 MHz and pulse is repeated every second) from 5 V to 50-60 V in 50 Ohm load without much distortion.
In general it's flexible how to do it hence I am interested which active device (bipolar, FET or something else) and what technique are actually the best suitable for such task?:)

You need an HF (high frequency) power amplifier capable of approximately 80 watts output. I suggest you get copies of the magazine QST, February 2009 and March 2009 issues and find the article "Designing and Building Transistor Linear Power Amplifiers" by Rick Campbell, parts one and two.

You need an HF (high frequency) power amplifier capable of approximately 80 watts output. I suggest you get copies of the magazine QST, February 2009 and March 2009 issues and find the article "Designing and Building Transistor Linear Power Amplifiers" by Rick Campbell, parts one and two.

Thank you for helpful suggestion. They are available in Web and I have downloaded them (in pdf format). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back