Clock Project Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcadeEdge

I'm brainstorming some ideas for my logic class project and I really want to do a clock but I'm not sure if I can get it done in time with what I know now. We just learned about the 74193 counter today and I was trying to figure out how I can use it as a counter to go through the seconds/minutes/hours (12-hours). Instead of a 7-segment display, I was going to try to do something like a TIX-LED Clock, where it just displays the number of LEDs that corresponds to the time.

Also, I won't have to physically build the circuit nor simulate it for the project, just turn in a detailed project report (that I can't see being very good if you have no idea if your circuit actually works because you didn't at least simulate it), but I was planning on trying to build the clock over my winter break anyways.

In a nutshell, I haven't really got an understanding on how the 74193 counter works.

This idea isn't set in stone either. I have a few other, more simple, ideas floating around in my head so if I can't get the basics of this down by the end of the week, I will most likely go with another idea.

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…