Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Co-ordinated firefighting robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundar

Hi, I am presently working on coordinated fire fighting robot...For that i wish to use a small sized actuator for ejecting gas(extinguishing fire) out of actuator present in that robot(CO2).shall i use a solenoid valve?..that will eject gas when electromagnetised(which receives signal from a controller when to get magnetised)..is there any specific device available that will satisfy the above mentioned purposes.

on coordinated fire fighting robot.

Hi,

For co-ordinates system encoder on wheel is used for determining the Rotation of wheel( i.e.Diameter) and a IR counter will count the rotaion or degree.......
Society of robots have tutorial of it.

Hi, I am presently working on coordinated fire fighting robot...For that i wish to use a small sized actuator for ejecting gas(extinguishing fire) out of actuator present in that robot(CO2).shall i use a solenoid valve?..that will eject gas when electromagnetised(which receives signal from a controller when to get magnetised)..is there any specific device available that will satisfy the above mentioned purposes.
Hi, thanks for the reply.. But my question is not about the co-ordinates.,but the apparatus used to emit Co2 gas from a actuator actuated by a electrical signal...( may be a solenoid i.e for the purpose of fire extinguishing).Is there any specific apparatus for this purpose?

Hi, thanks for the reply.. But my question is not about the co-ordinates.,but the apparatus used to emit Co2 gas from a actuator actuated by a electrical signal...( may be a solenoid i.e for the purpose of fire extinguishing).Is there any specific apparatus for this purpose?

I have already answer your question you have to start there something new..........

I have already answer your question you have to start there something new..........
Doesn't look like it to me. He asked about a valve, you told him about an encoder.

Sundar -
A CO2 tank can easily generate over 1000psi (the pressure depends almost entirely on the temperature). A valve that can control 1000psi directly is expensive and difficult to make. Even a refrigeration solenoid valve isn't good for much more than 450psi. Also, you probably don't want to send the full 1000psi to the nozzle.

The technique used in aquariums is to put a regulator between the valve and the tank. You use this to regulate to a lower pressure, and then use a valve like one of these -
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10456
(12V, good for 100 psi)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-4-230-PS...166?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fb4659de
(12V, good for 230 psi)
- to activate the nozzle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back