Color LCD to RCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboticinfo

Hi I got a sony LCD screen not the one below but is similer, and I want to attach it to a wireless camera and It take's RCA, the yellow input which is for video, and It just has that ribbin wire type connection and I wanted to make a board so I could use it to see my wireless camera.

This board was from a video recording device that was taken apart and all that was left was the LCD so I want to use it for a robot or something.

basicly it has the ribbion wire type connection a back light if I am not mistaken and that is basicly it and it is not very big.

Attachments

• lcd_look_alike..doc
    142.5 KB · Views: 163
These camers give an direct video signal output (its the one SCART conectors on TVs use)

So if the LCD has an video demodulator it shod work directly(I wod put an 4K7 resistor in for safety)

Well you are wrong on that it has 16 flat pins and a back light.

It would not easily do that, also it is a SHARP lcd not a sony, I forgot.

I will post tommorow the actual pictures of the LCD even the connection's so I mybe could get helped better.

It's unlikely to have a composite input, at best it might have RGB inputs?, but it might not even have that.

The large number of connections is a bit of a giveaway, it would only require either 3 or 4 for a composite input.

Re: reply

Roboticinfo said:
So it can't be done?
:cry:

Not easily! - if you still have the rest of the original unit, connect it back up and scope the connections to see what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…