Combine two AC-DC adaptors to increase the amps

DerZauss

Hi! Long story short, I have a tire inflator that has an input of 12v 10amps, I've been running with my car battery just fine, however, I wanted to stop using it to avoid stress/discharge the battery constantly, so I purchased an off the shelf Chinese AC-DC adaptor that was supposedly rated to provide that, 12v 10 amps, however, the tire inflator pump just won't work (it receives current and the screen turns on, etc, but the pump just doesn't start) I think is due to not providing enough amps, (multimeter reads about 11-12 amps, the battery 30-35) So as a final try, I wanted to combine the previous adapter with another one I have laying around rated for 12v-8amps, Is this possible? if so, how would you recommend doing it?

Many thanks in advance.

If the DC adapter is close to Vbat. use both to solve your problem.
Yes, the car battery is 12v
Thanks will check it Out
So it will not be as easy as I thought, I missed that one, thanks, I will read it

You guys were indeed correct, as using both AC-DC adapters didn't start the pump, as for the unregulated power supply option sounds interesting, maybe I will try if I can't do anything else, is there a way to use the 12v 10amp adaptor? I just do not want to lose it, sorry if this sounds dumb, most of my experience is soldering wires together and replacing components in already existent circuits,

You are only limited by the size and quality of the battery. Any trickle charge can restore the voltage in between occasional use.
Yes, I only wanted to avoid wasting the converter I purchased, and the hassle of having to dismount/mount the battery from the car to use it, and just use an AC outlet for spare tires/when in home, but yeah maybe I'm better just using the battery and recharging it if needed, thanks everyone for your replies

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…