Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Combining 3 car autonaters's

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo3081

hi ya guys im a newbe so i may seem a bit dum now i have 3 car autonaters that kick out 120Amps at around 14volts what i want to do is hock them up to make one power souse to run my home when the main power drops out i have most things that run on 12volts ie tv radio lights but if i run them on a battery the battery will run out way befor the power comes back on so what i want to do is have a motor turn the autonaters at 3000rpm i can get the power that i need and the motor use's a lot less than the home will well thats my idear.

so what i really need help on is how i can hock the 3 autonaters up with out them feeding back on each other and not loss to many amps along the way

Do you have the same problem with your intermittent electricity that you have with your poor spelling?
If your car is spinning the alternators then it uses a lot of expensive gasoline (diesel fuel?).

Or maybe you do not understand that if you connect a 12V battery to a huge 12V electric motor to spin the alternators then if you put in 1000W from the battery into the motor then you get out only 800W of electricity from the alternators plus 200W of heat.

Get after your government and your electricity utility company so they fix their problem. My electricity was well planned so it is very reliable.

Thats the closest anyone here has ever came to producing written "hillbilly speak" as I have ever seen so far!:eek:

Three 120 amp 14 volt alternators will be able to produce up to around 5000 watts but will take an engine around 8 - 10 horsepower to drive if loaded up that high.

motor turn the autonaters at 3000rpm
What kind of motor are planing on using to run them? You can use Diode isolators that are made for this. Look at battery isolators, **broken link removed** Andy

Just to let you guys know that I think you're probably the most ignorant bunch of Muppets have come across not everybody is in United States of America in fact I am from the UK and my poor spelling is a result of me suffering with dyslexia which of course you wouldn't know about so before you start jumping on the bandwagon badmouthing everybody perhaps these are some things that you may need to take into consideration before your next post. As the world knows Americans are generally considered ignorant and well hated for it and I'm willing to overlook this mortal fact that you did being plonkers today try to get along like civilised human beings.

The motor try to run them with some electronically powered motor user about 12 to 14 V approximately 360 W motor should be powerful enough to pull all three alternators as it's a high torque motor as its such a low wattage motor 12 V battery holder roughly 380 amps should be to run this motor are quite some time the end result would be the three alternators generating 360 amps not sure what the wattage is that the whole idea is to make a standard 12 V car battery go a lot further than it would if it was apparent the device itself a seal, regarding the diodes isolators I will look up at a later time as its now 4am almost and it's time for me to go to bed

As far as I know a number of us are dyslexic as well to one extent or another but fortunately for us spell check clears up a lot of the errors before they reach posting.

So why is post 2 so much better? :confused:

Best regards, the plonkering Muppets. :D

(I had to add 'plonkering' to my spell check and by the way now I plan to use it in a conversation tomorrow.) :D

The motor try to run them with some electronically powered motor user about 12 to 14 V approximately 360 W motor should be powerful enough to pull all three alternators as it's a high torque motor as its such a low wattage motor 12 V battery holder roughly 380 amps should be to run this motor are quite some time the end result would be the three alternators generating 360 amps not sure what the wattage is that the whole idea is to make a standard 12 V car battery go a lot further than it would if it was apparent the device itself a seal, regarding the diodes isolators I will look up at a later time as its now 4am almost and it's time for me to go to bed

SO you plan to use a 12 volt 360 watt motor to run over 5000+ watts of alternator load at 12 volts? :confused:

Leo; Sorry but running a motor off a battery to drive alternators will not give you any more power than the battery has over all. It will give you less, you will loose power in the motor, you will loose more power in the drive system and more lost power in the alternators. If you battery has a 10 amp hour rating thats all you will get. You can get more current but for a shorter time. 10 amp hours times 12 volts gives you 120 watts for an hour. If you double the current to 20 amps it will only last a half hour, with the losses in your system it may only last 10 mins or the motor may stal in 5 min. Andy

Just buy a gas mains generator or a solar / wind grid tie inverter. Didn't know the power in the UK was so unreliable, we usually get UPS requests from Indian students.

LOL plonkers amazing :)

Last edited:
Plonkering Muppets will at least your own up to it the reason why the spelling is so bad earlier is my speech interpretation software had become unusable due to some corrupted user files now I've remedied the problem the spelling should be a hundred times better for you as I know it's difficult to communicate somebody with a disability so please in future keep your force to yourself and keep on topic what I'm attempting to create managers be the next step in power generation may sound very crude at this point it is only early stages and with very limited technical knowledge Electronics and get a needle the help I can get now I'm hoping to come to the right place to get the help that I need it although it has come to my attention that prom chosen the wrong user ID for myself I should have called myself the dyslexic monkey just for good humour

Yours faithfully

Dyslexic monkey

Well a battery based mechanical solution will be far less efficient than a solid state solution. Are you trying to charge the battery with the output of one of the alternators?

Sincerely

Inquisitive ape.

Last edited:
Yes I am as crazy as it sounds I think this is a very true possibility of something can be done to reduce energy from almost nowhere with an alleged problem not the right term to use that nearly 5 o'clock in the morning it's the best thing I could come up with 12 V 360 W motor driving 5000 plus alternator I may even try doing something crazy like drawing the power from the alternator and running the moment from itself although I think a regulator may be advisable to put in place between alternator and the motor

No I'm not trying to charge a battery and trying to generate electricity on a 12 V basis just with a higher wattage output that I would receive from a normal battery that is the whole theory of using an alternator

So I'm told that always been just a little bit rebellious and if I blow a few things up in the process it's a lesson learned a lot just can't do that you see my thinking is if I'm generating 5000w and my motor only requires 360 W then having a regulator to stop them motor from receiving too much power and cause it to burn out I would only be pulling 360 W from the power generated leaving a surplus power of just over for a half thousand watts one thing I didn't mention it from the motor to the alternator is rubber or drive belt essentially an alternator generates electricity to drive a motor

I'm not really worried about energy loss at this point my initial idea is to have a 12 V battery to drive the motor which in turn is trying to alternators generating electricity that as far as I want to take this at this point once of established how much power I have will then what try to work out whether or not I have surplus power to transfer to the electronic motor that there is something to do and much later date, only working on 12 V to avoid being totally electrocuted and ending up in hospital with electrical burns even though the amplitude is quite high it still sounds a lot less risky than doing it would 240 V which is what we use over here to house minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back