Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

components not availible!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvarblade

hi this wind generator was posted in the alternative energy section n i liked it so i decided to built it. now the problem is that i cant find the components. tell me if the ones i write are a substitute ?

LTC1042 is written in the figure but here TL042 is available will it do?

LM334 is written here LM324 is available

MTPBN05 Fet power transistor pnp is present here 7805 is available will these do?:eek:

Attachments

• wind.jpg
    wind.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 198
A TL042 is an op amp, not a battery charge controller. A 7805 is a 5 volt regulator. They will not substitute. Get spec's on the FET and find a sub.

the 1042 is a window comparator. You could configure a couple of op amps to do that.

Frankly, I don't like that design for several reasons. Basically, it only charges the main battery when the wind speed is in a specific range (dependent on the motor and blade design). Why not use a SMPS to keep the voltage in a specific range and use a comparator to test for over voltage (charged)? that would make the charger more effective. There may well be charger chips that could do the job. Also, having 2 different batteries seems kind of odd. There ought be a design that eliminates the need.

Isn't there a missing connection on the schematic. I don't see how the nicad gets charged.

i got this schematic from this site. have you got a more simpler and easy schmetic? of a wind generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back