Componet identification/circuit info

Status
Not open for further replies.

timtalk

Hi all I'm wondering if someone could tell me what kind of a connection this is. I know they are showing a 10K resistor but how does VO (pin 3) connect to that resistor? It's shown connecting in the middle of the resistor, how is this possible???

Attachments

• question1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 379
You have to glue your wire right in the middle of the resistor, preferably on a black color band, which conducts better.

Just kidding. It's a variable resistor/potentiometer, probably to adjust the contrast on the LCD...

ya I tried that Hot glue idea and of course it did not work very well! hehehehe. No really tho. Thank you for the help, i'm new to electronics and I know most of the circuit diagrams but had forgotten about this one. Thanks again.

timtalk said:
ya I tried that Hot glue idea and of course it did not work very well! hehehehe. No really tho. Thank you for the help, i'm new to electronics and I know most of the circuit diagrams but had forgotten about this one. Thanks again.

You know, I completely understand why you would be confused by the above symbol depicting the potentiometer. I am fairly new to electronics myself, and some of the differences between schematic software symbols can be very confusing at times... The ground symbol for example is notorious for having very different shapes, depending on the author or software used, and when you're trying to understand a schematic, it's easy to get confused by those tiny details that differ from one schematic to the next...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…