Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer CLock Running Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

Anybody have any idea what would cause a PC clock to run fast. All of a sudden the clock gains about a hour or two a day. This happens when the PC is on??

blame windows...
Since you say while runing
I dont have that problem on I lost count on the number of linux machines I maintain. but I have had this before on quite a few XP machines and the hardware is fine

The only solution I can off is setup NTP

We have a bunch of Dell computers at work that did this under XP. Dell has a small utility program that you ran once to correct the issue.

Check the motherboard makers website to see if this is a known issue with a patch or other fix.

You could also check your CMOS battery on the motherboard ( often something you can do in the BIOS setup from boot ) , but mostly when the CMOS battery is bad, you lose time, or the clock stops altogether.

Another thing you could try to to reset the clock from the BIOS set-up. See if that fixes the problem.

That did the trick. Thanks. Strange as to what happened.

Miles Prower said:
Another thing you could try to to reset the clock
from the BIOS set-up. See if that fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back