Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Computer Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've recently gotten interested in electronics and I recalled something from one of my classes at school about kits like the Altair 8800 and the Sinclair ZX81, and i was wondering if there was anything a bit more modern with a similar idea out there that any of you know of.

It may be a kick to try it once but you would not want to use the old tools.

The first min I used was a data general nova. You had to toggle the boot loader in using the switches on the front panel. The boot loader loaded a paper tape loader. That loader loaded your program. We had a mag tape unit that we had adapted to work with it but you still had to start with the switches.

When I got my H11 (LSI-11) it had a boot rom. A vast improvement. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back