computer monitor signals ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

I would like to know about the computer to monitor interface.
I have a digital camera with AV output and want to know if I can interface this fairly easily to a computer monitor... any ideas ?

Thunderchild said:
I would like to know about the computer to monitor interface.
I have a digital camera with AV output and want to know if I can interface this fairly easily to a computer monitor... any ideas ?

It's COMPLETELY different - it would be very expensive to do.

oh well thats that I'm not in for big exspenses what sort of an input would the monitor need ? perhaps the new composite things those that use plugs that look like keyboard plugs ? I'm about to get a new monitor

Thunderchild said:
oh well thats that I'm not in for big exspenses what sort of an input would the monitor need ? perhaps the new composite things those that use plugs that look like keyboard plugs ? I'm about to get a new monitor

You would need to buy a combined TV and Monitor, there are plenty of examples available now. Normal monitors don't go low enough for normal TV signals, and also don't have composite inputs.

There are many inexpensive computer LCD monitors that come with built in TV tuners, this is sometimes an AV jack and sometimes an RF in (cable ready monitor) The quality of these displays is usually pretty poor do to the non-native resolution Tv's used compared to computers. Alternatly you could just pick up a very cheap USB video capture cable. It shouldn't cost you more than 30-50 dollars and will allow you to install software on the computer that can display any analog TV signal it's capable of (usually a standard AV jack) Just be warned USB capture devices usually have a few MS's delay in their capture so it's not suitble for video games, only watching video/stills or possibly presentations

We're not psychic you know. While your reasoning makes perfect sense to you due to the varried posts that occur on here you shouldn't be surprised when someone comes up with something you're not looking for when you don't state exactly why you're asking a question =) If you don't want to bring a PC, bring a laptop.

I didn't read the whole thread, so if this has already been discussed, please forgive me.

You can buy a little converter on eBay that will allow you to use your computer monitor as a TV. Just simply plug in your RGB monitor cable (VGA cable) into it, and boom! instant tv.

I am not sure how good they are, but i was thinking of getting one. They are fairly cheep, but i would be sceptical...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…