Computer --> PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froskoy

Hi,

I want a 16 bit parallel input to a circuit from my computer, but I can't afford to buy enough USB interface boards as I'm going to be repeating the project a couple of times.

Is it possible to use a single PIC chip to take in a signal from a USB port on the computer and output the 16bit parallel data.

Going to the computer end - is it possible to manipulate signals from the USB port. It's really convenient when a load of DLLs come with USB interface boards. I'm proficient in both Delphi and C++.

Thanks very much,

Froskoy

Last edited:
Don't know, but all my computers have them, though my printers don't. If you don't have one, you can add it for less than a tenner. It makes I/O programming very easy. But you will need to download and install a very simple DLL.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the really helpful advice.

I'm going to have trouble deciding which method I ultimately use.

I found this really useful on building the UBW: **broken link removed**

And this really useful on interfacing with the parallel port: Programming PC parallel port with delphi 6.0

Thanks again everyone.

Froskoy.

There's a solution...

Hi there,

You know, you can always use one of those USB to parallel cables, and when the driver (the accompanying disc) is installed, you can write your program as if you were dealing with any parallel port! both I/O!

Check out the attachement.

regards.

Attachments

• 505948.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…