Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

computer shoes?

is back to the future the best movie(s)

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thehebrewhamma

ok...i know this is probably a very stupid idea...the laces would probably be as thick as hell even if it were possible....but anyway for anyone who has seen back to the future (my favorite movie) when marty goes to the future and doc gives him the auto-tie shoe laces...i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how you could possibly make something like this...my idea would be about 1000 muscle wires in some intricate design...lol...seriously though, does anyone have any thoughts on the subject...i just think it would be awsome to have....
please only respond w/ideas...please no telling me how big of a dumbass loser i am for even thinking about posting this

I think that having "outlandish" ideas is a benefit in engineering. At certain points in history, all engineered products were at one time, an outlandish idea. So with that said, if someone ridicules you for having a seemingly dumb idea, try not to pay attention. Obviously, common sense will take its toll on your idea, but you never know what kinds of inspiration your idea may cause.

I don't know much about "muscle" wires so I can't comment there. I'm failing to properly remember the concept of the shoes in the back to the future movie. I'm thinking of a more linear concept where the shoes are sinched down (similar to the old velcro shoes). I think designing muscle wires to perform the complex looping of common shoe lace tying would be extremely difficult. If you could accomplish that, then you belong at MIT.

What if you design a system that would sinch the shoes up (as stated above). I'm thinking of a zipper tie type of concept, only more complex with a release and locking mechanism.

i know that this idea seems nice....maybe it will be fun to have your shoes tie themselves.
maybe, by the time we will be able to do this, the technology will be so advanced, that the shoes we will use will probably have another way of making sure they 'stik' to your feet.
now, i wonder if they have shoes that can walk you where you want, have GPS and maps stored in them....
maybe even use nuclear power...

maybe....

i know that this idea seems nice....maybe it will be fun to have your shoes tie themselves.
maybe, by the time we will be able to do this, the technology will be so advanced, that the shoes we will use will probably have another way of making sure they 'stik' to your feet.
now, i wonder if they have shoes that can walk you where you want, have GPS and maps stored in them....
maybe even use nuclear power...

bogdanfirst said:

itz called 'velcro' :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back