Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Conmuting several EL wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
I was asked a question for which I had no answer. Out of curiosity I am posting it here:

How to conmute three EL wires fed with a unique inverter following a preprogrammed sequence (irrelevant here).

Those EL wires offer a capacitive load to the inverter which, just for reference, feeds them with 150 V AC 400 Hz . In fact, both values may vary a lot from model to model. It seems that a point to care of is that the inverter should be not left unloaded during the switching.

If my question implies myself being wrong in something, it's OK, considering that I have no experience on switching AC except a basic aplication with a triac. Even more if we need to conmute between several loads.

The EL wires (electroluminisdcent wires) are simple to use, albeit demanding a careful connection (jacket cutting and soldering) but when it comes to switch several of them I don't know how to do it.

Interested / intrigued.

Last edited:
It sounds like the only issue is making sure that the inverter is not unloaded. Then just make sure that you always turn another one on before turning the last lit one off.

No idea of how much current is involved, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back