Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connect to pic micro as master and salve

Status
Not open for further replies.

amindzo

Hi,
I want to use PIC16F873A as master and PIC16F84A as slave.
i want to transfer data from both of them to each other, for example i want to transfer some data from PIC16F873A to PIC16F84A and show it on lcd.
How can i connect them in hardware?
what instruction i should use for this?

You can directly hook them up via I/O's, then program the second one to take the data from one on it's I/O's, then display it on the LCD.

Use a simple serial connection, you only need one I/O pin, if it only has to be one way (you can do two way on a single pin as well, but it's slightly more complicated). Assuming you have two pins available, it makes it somewhat simpler. For suitable serial routines check my tutorials.

Yes, i would suggest using a serial too. Half Duplex would be ok. I think this mean Bi directional. If you had two pins open, you could have on pin set for data, and one pin for the clock. I don't know any commands for microcontrollers yet, but i do know that all you would need is a few IF's and a few I/O controlls. Very simple. If you need this done wirelessly, then that is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back