connect to pic micro as master and salve

Status
Not open for further replies.

amindzo

Hi,
I want to use PIC16F873A as master and PIC16F84A as slave.
i want to transfer data from both of them to each other, for example i want to transfer some data from PIC16F873A to PIC16F84A and show it on lcd.
How can i connect them in hardware?
what instruction i should use for this?

You can directly hook them up via I/O's, then program the second one to take the data from one on it's I/O's, then display it on the LCD.

Use a simple serial connection, you only need one I/O pin, if it only has to be one way (you can do two way on a single pin as well, but it's slightly more complicated). Assuming you have two pins available, it makes it somewhat simpler. For suitable serial routines check my tutorials.

Yes, i would suggest using a serial too. Half Duplex would be ok. I think this mean Bi directional. If you had two pins open, you could have on pin set for data, and one pin for the clock. I don't know any commands for microcontrollers yet, but i do know that all you would need is a few IF's and a few I/O controlls. Very simple. If you need this done wirelessly, then that is a whole 'nother can of worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…