Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting a voltage stabilizer to a small gen set

Status
Not open for further replies.

maicael

I have this small 650w gen set that I use as emergency but I have been wondering if it is safe to connect a voltage stabilizer of higher power rating like say 1000w or 1500w to the gen set before connecting an applinace to it.
The AVR is to maintain stable voltage since this portable gen set has issues with voltage regulation.
Just a thought.

May depend on the AVR but I don't see a problem. The AVR power rating is merely the maximum power the AVR can deliver. I used a 5,000 watt AVR to regulate the 4,000 watt output of one of my old generators. My UPS units kept freaking out with the small changes in generator output voltage between about 118 VAC and 123 VAC. Worked just fine.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back