Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting MC to WIFI Router to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianhits

First of all i am new to this forum and happy that members are ready to help.Thanks

Now iam using Windows XP SP2

Now comes my problem guys

I am currently doing a project in which i want my MC and PC to communicate with each other using WIFI router.i want to send and receive some small bits of data.i know a bit about PC part but i am new with MC part.how can i communicate with a WIFI Router???? i gathered some knowledge that we have to use a Wireless card now can anyone tell me more on this.

and one more question.Suppose i am making use of USB.Now my MC has send a data to PC now how can i receive these data.In which part of memory does my PC store my MC data.

Please help.This is just a mini project.

Thank you for helping me

If MC stands for MicroController, then you need a Wifi module that's made for this. Something like the Wiz610wi. I'm sure others will have other module options.

**broken link removed**

Suppose i am making use of USB.Now my MC has send a data to PC now how can i receive these data.In which part of memory does my PC store my MC data.
That depends entirely on the USB host program on the PC.

Please help.This is just a mini project.
Sounds more like a megga project to me. Have you flashed a LED with your microcontroller yet?

Last edited:
i am trying to create a driver that will fetch data to my main program that will show status of my microcontroller and i will not make use of any terminal software and how much does that wifi module cost(good & cheapest ).And i really appreciate u guys for helping.Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back