Connection PIC16f877A to NOKIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

homermike

Connection from PIC16f877A to any NOKIA mobile phone...
Can anyone help me in building this project.. we need a schematic diagram on how to connect the PIC to any NOKIA mobile phone... And a MicroC tutorial program on how the AT commands would be used..

any help would be appreciated... thanks and more power to all masters...

Hi

You need to make a DLR-3 nokia cable.

**broken link removed**

Unfortunately it seems closed source, but best one i've found.

Rich

I'll be right round with my Soldering Iron...sheesh...

First off, you will need the schematic for the Nokia socket...what pin is data etc. Then you will need an interface design. Also look up Hayes compatible command set on the net, and that will tell you what each AT command is and does etc, your phone will no doubt only support a subset of those commands.
A good listing of the AT commands will also give you the equivalent character strings to send...
After that you will need to write your code for the micro to output those strings, in the order you need to achieve what you want to achieve, you will also have to receive them as well for anything meaningful to be conveyed.
Do a google search for GSM modem projects, that may turn up something you can use for background information, like wiring to the Nokia spec etc
I wouldn't even consider C to write this personally...

tunedwolf said:
I wouldn't even consider C to write this personally...

I wouldn't either!, but only because I don't do C - it's a perfectly acceptable language for the job - but so is assembler.

As far as the Nokia goes, use google - there are lots of sites out there dealing with interfacing to Nokia's, in that respect it's probably the best phone to have?. You're unlikely to find a site specifically dealing with the 16F877, and your fairly obscure version of C - but it all the data you need should be easily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…