Connector for 4-wire touch panel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceOfHearts

Hi everyone,

I will appreciate some help.

Here is the scenario...I have a touch panel to go over my 64x128 GLCD.

I need help on what component I need to go from the touchscreen to a connection suitable to plug into my breadboard. Its a 4-wire touch panel...anyone who has dealt with a touch panel of this sort, I immagine will know what bit I need....

I will also need to connect the touch panel to a PCB at a later stage so will need the right part for that and will appreciate any other suggestions (unless the same part works for both).

Any links/name of part/photo and suggestions appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Regards.

Last edited:
Post a picture of the connector.

Use a 4pin wafer. They look similar to the power connector of a 3 1/2 inch floppy drive and they are available straight and R/A.

Well ribbon (ffcc/flex) cable connectors are available from digikey/farnell/RS, both though-hole and SMT. If the pitch of your connector is 1.27mm (0.05", half standard pitch) then for just prototyping you can use a PLCC socket.

Just cut off the required number of connections, and add a strip of plastic across them to hold the cable in place. Sure its dirty, but for tinkering, it works rather well.

Boncuk was off course correct Floppy drivers have miniture ribbon cables going to the read/write head with a through-hole connector to the PCB. Very handy, I have used these myself.

Blueteeth

Thanks very much guys for the help.

I found the part I believe, its an fpc connector. Cant say for sure its connecting properly inside untill I've developed the system.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…