Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Consultation on DC motor voltage in linear actuator

lazarus666

hello everyone,

I have a linear actuator whose DC motor is encapsulated and has no visible label or specification. I need to know for sure if it is 12V or 24V.

I have measured the voltage at the actuator terminals with a 12V supply connected and got a reading of 12.6V. Does this confirm it is a 12V motor?

Additionally, I would like to measure the internal resistance of the motor. How can I do this correctly and what range of values should I expect for a 12V motor? Is this method reliable for determining motor voltage?

I appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

Greetings.

Dc resistance is usually very low on a DC motor; that's what sets the stall current, not the operating current.

Voltage will control the motor speed, and stall torque.

If you have some idea of how fast the actuator should move, try it with 12V and see of the speed is about correct?

Either way, if the speed and power are acceptable at 12V, it does not matter if it's actually a 24V motor.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back