Contactor smeels, seems overheated

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

Hello
So I am using a contactor to run 400v engine.
Bought this one, never used it **broken link removed**

I read that I should be able to control it with 24v, so I added 24v to a1 and a2. It begins to smell bad and get hot. I have never used a contactor before I just thought it might worked as a relay does.

So now I have this weird smell in my apartment, like some electronics burned, unhealty electronics please help me.

It still works, I think it shut off once, it has a thermal protection I read.

Last edited:
What a bugger >< the homepage where I found the component is not the same as where I ordered the component.
BG0040A is an AC 24v powered contactor. I should have bought the BG0040D which is DC powered.

On the homepage I link too, it says that it is DC powered, but it aint..... Sadly I didnt buy there and cant complain to my dealer

Unless I've misinterpreted the datasheet, isn't the BG0040A intended to be AC energised? I think the BG0040D is the DC version. See attached from Section 2-45 of the datasheet.

Edit: Our posts crossed. I see we've come to the same conclusion!

Ya thank you for checking though I seem to have looked at a homepage where they actually write that the BG0040A is DC........ me so sad now, but glad because I thought it was my brain that sucked, but it wasnt.... atleast not so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…