Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Control board Issue with project

Boydy83

Hi guys,

Looking for some guidance here, as a project I changed the battery in my sons ride on car to accept my 18v dewalt battery and used a motor speed controller in order to lower the voltage, short story kids ramped it up and there was a bang.

Car stating battery low although it was fully charged, so took out the control board and the capacitor next to the battery input blew apart.

I changed that capacitor and freshened up some of the solder around, and installed an 18v to 12v step down this time, but it still won’t work states battery low, I checked voltage at connection it’s 12v I’m at a loss here board looks fine to me.

I did order a new control board but would still like to work out what else could of went wrong, Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_5393.jpeg
    IMG_5393.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 25
Instead of a stepdown voltage regulator, I would just make a PWM controller for the 18v source with a 65% max duty cycle. Keep the frequency of the PWM nice and high, and your motor won't notice the difference. Size all components for 35v or better.

Latest threads

Back