Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

control devices via parallel port, save state of each address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc2sc1

hello,
i am trying to control devices via parallel port, in Attachment the circuit diagram, devices will be connect to 3 flip flops.

assume that i want to switch ON the first device in the first flip flop, so the [0 - 3] data bus = 1000 and decoder input = 01 then 00 to generate puls to the flip flop.

now if i want to switch ON the second device the [0-3] data bus = 1100 and so on.

is this the correct method?
is there any more efficient design?
thanks.

Attachments

• Conn1.JPG
    Conn1.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Just make sure your data bits are valid before you output address to make clock. I also assume you will tie your enable pins and MR pins to the right logic level.

hello,
i am trying to control devices via parallel port, in Attachment the circuit diagram, devices will be connect to 3 flip flops.

assume that i want to switch ON the first device in the first flip flop, so the [0 - 3] data bus = 1000 and decoder input = 01 then 00 to generate puls to the flip flop.

now if i want to switch ON the second device the [0-3] data bus = 1100 and so on.

is this the correct method?
is there any more efficient design?
thanks.

hi,
Your PC parallel pin numbers are wrong.:)

EDIT:
You should store an image of each of the states of the 175's in the PC memory
I would also use the Enable line on the 139.

Last edited:
Just make sure your data bits are valid before you output address to make clock. I also assume you will tie your enable pins and MR pins to the right logic level.

thank you for web site link, i will connect the pins correct :)

You should store an image of each of the states of the 175's in the PC memory
I would also use the Enable line on the 139.

thank you, This is what I will do :)

thank you for web site link, i will connect the pins correct :)
thank you, This is what I will do :)

hi,
Have a look at these files, they may help.:)

Attachments

• esp01 Aug. 19.gif
    esp01 Aug. 19.gif
    6 KB · Views: 191
  • Parport4.zip
    0 bytes · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back