Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

control star delta starter with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part of the starter do you want the PIC to controll ? The delay or the change over ?

honestly, i don't know the delay. i just want that star starter should be changed with delta by microcontroller.

please, suggest me the time delay.

any reference from which i can read easily...?

The time differes from motor to motor, so that, star delta starters come with a facility of adjustable time delay.
Google for "Start Delta Starter Timer Delay" and you'll get lots of information.

Yes I suggest you use a pot on the final unit so you can adjust the time from say 2 secs to 20 secs, so you can use the unit on most installations.
Also I'd suggest that you include some sort of interlock within the software so that both star and delta contactors dont come in at the smae time and atke out the supply (Ok they are not going to pull in at the same time, but for some reason if one jams in then the micro should pick that up and prevent pulling another in causing a short, this is usually done both electrically and mechanically with commercial starters).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back