controling a rc servo with pickit 2 and 16f690 or 16f917

Status
Not open for further replies.

duct996

I am having a hell of a time finding out if I can connect the signal wire of a rc servo directly to the 16f690 chip or the 16f917 chip. I am using the pickit 2. Or do I need to use my sn754410ne and sn7400c00n and if so is there anyone that has a schematic on how to hook them up? any help would be great thanks

Should have bought a Junebug as then you would be able to use my example clicky. Actually this wouldn't have helped much as you are using 16 series chips.

Anyway, to answer your question, you can connect a servo directly to the output of a pic chip.

Mike.

Last edited:
If you look at the link I posted earlier you will see that I did output the pulse on the ccp pin but it could have been on any pin.

Mike.

Oh sorry Thanks alot.

No need to be sorry, I hope I didn't come over as grumpy. Have a read of the thread and see if it makes any sense. What language are you intending to write this in?

Mike.

Well, if you're new to electronics and programming then you have a very steep learning curve ahead. Don't worry though, there are lots of posters here who started in your position and are now highly knowledgeable and respected posters.

There are also lot's of knowledgeable C coders here so good choice.

Mike.

Have a look at the seventh post in this thread. That may clear up a few questions.

For the last week of evenings I've been writing various different servo control and input code for 12F683 and LPC2148 (ARM7), and it even works , so if you have specific questions I can probably help. Also, you can take Pommie's advice on any PIC subject. He's an expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…