Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Controlling a Stepper Motor Valve with a DAC

Lapinrose

I am planning to control a stepper motor valve that requires an input voltage of 0 to 5V and a minimum current of 40 mA. My approach involves generating PWM signals from a microcontroller and converting these signals into an analog voltage to drive the valve. So far, I have used DAC converters, but most of them have an output current of only 21 mA, which is insufficient.

Are there DACs available with a higher output current that would be suitable for my application? Alternatively, are there alternative methods to effectively control the valve that I should consider?

Any suggestions or experiences in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Pls. post the datasheet of valve as you need to know the maximum current.

Its the one with 0-5V analog input, it comes with an integrated step motor driver

Attachments

• datasheet-stepper-motor-pinch-valve-series-s170-xa01x3900vu-asco-en-5376716.pdf
    270.5 KB · Views: 15

Latest threads

Back