Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert a single-phase motor to a three-phase

v0845160

I unwinded the windings of an asynchronous motor containing 8 coils. 4 coils are connected in series into a 12V control winding, wound with 0.3 mm wire and contain 300 turns each. The other 4 coils are also connected in series and contain 2000 turns of 0.07 mm wire - 127V field windings. I need a diagram for winding a three-phase motor with 8 coils, but on the Internet I only find diagrams for 9, 12, etc. coils
I need to find out how many turns and what diameter of wire I should wind for 12V

A three-phase motor needs the number of windings to be evenly divisible by 3, that's why you see values of 9, 12, etc.

As Cruts has mentioned….The stator’s laminations require multiples-of-three slots, spaced 120 degrees or submultiples of 120 apart, which a single phase motor won’t have.

In plain English, you can’t do it.

I unwinded the windings of an asynchronous motor containing 8 coils. 4 coils are connected in series into a 12V control winding, wound with 0.3 mm wire and contain 300 turns each. The other 4 coils are also connected in series and contain 2000 turns of 0.07 mm wire - 127V field windings. I need a diagram for winding a three-phase motor with 8 coils, but on the Internet I only find diagrams for 9, 12, etc. coils
I need to find out how many turns and what diameter of wire I should wind for 12V
A motor is called an electro-mechanical device. You generally cannot change the electro without changing the mechanical - it was designed as a system. If you want a 3-phase motor, buy a three phase motor. It's not like you can just add a coil to your 8-coil motor to make it divisible by 3.

Latest threads

Back