Convert a single-phase motor to a three-phase

v0845160

I unwinded the windings of an asynchronous motor containing 8 coils. 4 coils are connected in series into a 12V control winding, wound with 0.3 mm wire and contain 300 turns each. The other 4 coils are also connected in series and contain 2000 turns of 0.07 mm wire - 127V field windings. I need a diagram for winding a three-phase motor with 8 coils, but on the Internet I only find diagrams for 9, 12, etc. coils
I need to find out how many turns and what diameter of wire I should wind for 12V

As Cruts has mentioned….The stator’s laminations require multiples-of-three slots, spaced 120 degrees or submultiples of 120 apart, which a single phase motor won’t have.

In plain English, you can’t do it.

A motor is called an electro-mechanical device. You generally cannot change the electro without changing the mechanical - it was designed as a system. If you want a 3-phase motor, buy a three phase motor. It's not like you can just add a coil to your 8-coil motor to make it divisible by 3.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…