Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert hex code to 7 seg display

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats nice....

a bit more detail abt what exactly do you need?

It is almost trivial.
You make a lookup table with ten entries, one for each digit in the range 0-9.
Each entry in the table has a one to turn on the appropriate segments.
Use the digit as an index into the table.
For each digit you want to display, output the contents of the corresponding table entry.

Last edited:
The circuit consists of a thermometer to meassure 0 to 99 centigrade degree ,i use a ADC0804 ,and the output goes connected to a 7seg display.I am looking for some integrated circuit that make this task.

electroicarus said:
The circuit consists of a thermometer to meassure 0 to 99 centigrade degree ,i use a ADC0804 ,and the output goes connected to a 7seg display.I am looking for some integrated circuit that make this task.

Throw the ADC0804 away, and use a PIC - this can read the analogue input and display directly on the 7 segment displays - you just need to write the software to do it. But all the code you require is in my tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back