Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cool electronics formulas/equations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

Does anybody have some really cool forumulas for electronics? I am not just talking about simple ones, like Ohm's Law, i want anything. Anything from simple to REALLY COMPLEX(mind you, my math skills are A LOT better than my electronics skills, and a world better than my ability to spell. :)

Please support the cause! The more complex the better!!!

how about this for a tunned circuit
**broken link removed**

did you want a story to go with it.

**broken link removed**

No not that story! A story on the tunned circuit

There's always the Ebers-Moll model:

Attachments

• ebers.jpg
    ebers.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 278
Isn't there a decent looking girl you can go out on a date with, instead of working yourself up over electronic formulas?:(

shouldn't that be any willing girl ?

;)

actually, now that I think about it...political correctness would make me have to say willing partner ;)

Last edited:
HiTech said:
Isn't there a decent looking girl you can go out on a date with, instead of working yourself up over electronic formulas?

Yes, as a matter of fact there is, but what is it to you?

Ok, guys, how about some information on the formulas, too? Sure, it is easy to solve them, but i need to know what it is i am looking for.... :)

Usually, we start with the problem and work toward the solution. You want to start with the solutions. What will you do with them?
Go down to the library and get a book on network analysis. I guarantee you it will enough cool formulas to keep you busy for a LONG time. Some of them are even useful. :D
Also, get a book on control (feedback) theory. Lots of useful formulas there, too.
I took those as upper division classes, though. Unless you have the math background, they won't make any sense to you. Lots of Laplace notation and transforms, calculus, etc.

Last edited:
Basic oscillator and filter theory formula's are good, and easy enough to find.

Marks256 said:
Yes, as a matter of fact there is, but what is it to you?
I enjoy a cool circuit diagram or electronic project as much as the next electronic tech. But given the choice of spending time with a good woman versus a transistor and a formula.... well, I'll take the woman anytime.:p

What does electronics formulas have to do with women anyways? I think you are the one that needs more help than me(although, that bar is set pretty high by yours truly... :p)

HiTech said:
I enjoy a cool circuit diagram or electronic project as much as the next electronic tech. But given the choice of spending time with a good woman versus a transistor and a formula.... well, I'll take the woman anytime.:p
If she's into electronics then you could do both of those things at the same time!

Yeah BABY, play with my resistors!!!

Doesn't quite sound right somehow :D

Hero999 said:
If she's into electronics then you could do both of those things at the same time!

Oooh, that would be awesome....

I dunno about you guys, but I have yet to meet a woman thats into electronics......

Must be a more matcho hobby then motorcycles and guns;)

Last edited:
Marks256 said:
What does electronics formulas have to do with women anyways? I think you are the one that needs more help than me(although, that bar is set pretty high by yours truly... :p)
Electronics can be fun and exciting. However at your age I would think your hormones should be gravitating you towards females.... that is unless your meter's needle deflects in a different direction.:eek: :rolleyes:

Andy1845c said:
I dunno about you guys, but I have yet to meet a woman thats into electronics......

Must be a more matcho hobby then motorcycles and guns;)

Women in electronics are more rare than those in auto mechanics. Rarely at a computer/electronics show will you see one, unless they are a saleswoman or the tag-a-long partner to that electro-geek perusing through a bin of RAM cards.
**broken link removed**

Andy1845c said:

Certainly rare, but back when Sharp Electronics UK used to run an annual service competition they had a special catagory for women, one for TV/VCR and one for Microwave.

Every year the same two women were there, the TV/VCR was young and lovely (and she was also a pot holer, which I've done in the past), the Microwave one was older (about my age) but also a good looking woman.

I don't think either ever won the final? (I won it twice), but both were impressive and good engineers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back