Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cool thing using magnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin_t

Hi

https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeUwOqMR_w4

Has anyone seen this on you tube, i came across it and thought it was cool.
Coud this actually work in perpetual operation. What would run out eventually? the residual magnetism in the magnets?

Ive also been thinking about a way of raising ball bearings up a distance of about 50 cm very quickly and came across a thing called a gauss gun whick also uses magnets but to fling ball bearings. has any one ever used them. will any neodyium magnets be used to make one?

justin_t

....................... :)

Thanks for sharing I'm not a genius there are a lot of people here who will have to tell you energy = energy out.

One way or another you have to pay the rent.

Facts of existence in this Universe.

This still is one of the funniest things I have seen yet. Trust me I have seen a few in my time.

Very much appreciated, he spent a lot of time working this out. I'm going to give him my applause.

kv :D

Edit: Although I think he may be onto the Invention of the Flux Capacitor. :p

Last edited:
My drink came out my nose when he said, "Everything runs in 3D." :rolleyes:
If the creator had put his mechanical skills to work on a martini mixer machine, instead of a perpetual motion machine, he would probably have something useful. Neat paperweight.

The guy needs a better script writer.

Coud this actually work in perpetual operation. What would run out eventually? the residual magnetism in the magnets?

I used to work at the USPTO. They have declared that perpetual motion machines cannot work and therefore they cannot be patented. Then, if you read some edition of
https://www.amazon.com/Patent-Yours...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1223167718&sr=1-2
you'll find the USPTO did patent one.

I looked at the patent; it uses permanent magnets and the motion is very irregular. I didn't see it operate in person.

I also heard about a box that has weight that is measured on a scale, but if you plug the box into an outlet, the measured weight drops to zero (but it never lifts off).

Last edited:
My drink came out my nose when he said, "Everything runs in 3D." :rolleyes:
If the creator had put his mechanical skills to work on a martini mixer machine, instead of a perpetual motion machine, he would probably have something useful. Neat paperweight.

I'd keep that on my desk. It'd look neat if it were dressed up a bit more.

A very interesting machine.

However we call the result of such a lot of work

"Brotlose Kunst", (literally translated: breadless art)

meaning it doesn't feed any hungry mouth.

Hans

Last edited:
I'd keep that on my desk. It'd look neat if it were dressed up a bit more.

Yeah, like those springing figures you see in the back of peoples cars. You could put 4 on it and slow the gear reduction down.

Ha, ha , ha Good one.

kv :p:p

its possible perpetual motion exists in another dimension

If that were true, I don't see how it would be relevant to us. I wonder what would happen if a Newtonian universe subject to the laws of thermodynamics (ours) in one dimension intersected or interfaced with a universe not subject to those laws in another dimension.

At any rate, there aren't any theories about how we might open such a portal to another dimension which give us a way to do it with current or foreseeable technology, so we kind of have to stick with what's possible in this universe.

Torben

I think the magnet contraption is a more interesting display of machining skill than physics knowledge. It would be neat on a coffee table or shelf.

"What does that thing do?"

"Nothing. But it looks cool doing it."

;)

Torben

How can it be a scam, it is just like a nuclear reactor...lol :)

If he wanted to be a real genius, he could copy what was done on Mythbusters some time ago. The "experiment" could be expanded to become a low-frequency, high-powered oscillator that could safely(?) bring down a bridge, once a resonant frequency is determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back