Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Counterfeit Parts

Nighthawk999

Some of you may have already encountered this problem, but the issue of counterfeit parts is growing. My day job is in industrial repairs. We have to source a lot of obsolete parts, and several times have found parts to be counterfeit, usually from China. Recently, I have been working on a few personal projects (old noise generator designs), using MPF102 JFETs. I kept getting strange results and then pulled my JFETs to put in my little transistor tester. It said they were NPNs! I put one of them on a curve tracer, and it definitely was NOT any JFET! These came from Amazon, who were kind enough to refund the purchase, but I made sure they addressed this with the seller. So, now I'm trying a number of other JFETs. Does anyone know if the MPF102 had any special small signal characteristics that made it so special?

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back