Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Create an induction heater to melt the copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim012

hi there!

Any body can help me? I would like to melt some copper. And when i go to the market to buy the Resistance, I ask the seller they don't know the temperature of it. they know only the Power: 1500 w and 220v .

So can anybody help me? I want to know how create a home induction heater: what stuffs should i have? cos i also want a volume to adjust the heat up to 1100 degree C.

please help me

thnks
Saroeun

do a search under backyard founderies, homemade founderies. there was some out there, i used to do lost foam and sand casting. if i remember correctly, one site had
how to use the coils from a clothes dryier. i just used charcoal or propane for aluminum, and coal for brass. You will need firebrick and or fireclay, and defenatly safty gloves and a good faceshield.

Possibly a "Kiln" for doing Pottery can get Hot Enough.
But they are Quite Expensive.

my brother melted about 250 grams of copper last week with a few bricks and a propane bottle.

there's more than a few proven designs on the internet for a propane forge.
you could do it with charcoal as well.

I made a induction heater, to heat stuff up and anneal mainly for jewellery.
Not the kind of thing you want to mess with unless your fairly handy with electronics.
There was another thread recently that I posted on about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back