Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a remote circuit using a cell phone and circuit board kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gluon_spin

I need help designing a working circuit using a basic circuit board from Radio Shack that lights up a red LED when a call is made to a cell phone connected to the circuit board. I would like to demonstrate a non-traditional example of a remote circuit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to inspire some research colleagues of mine but I am a neuroscientist by training and have only taken about a 1.5 years of physics and engineering years ago, so I am very rusty. Please help....

I'm sure you've search the net, and there is a reason why these sorts of projects don't show up much on websites. Lots of requests though...

Everything posted here in the forum, also shows up when you search google. Perhaps how you found this forum. No matter your intentions, details of such a device could easily be found by anyone, and used for any purpose. We live in some unfortunate times, with terrorists abroad, and students here in the states (high school and college). Personally, I feel a need to stop and thing a long while about each request for long range remotes, or even timers. It's nothing personal, and I hope you find what you need. I not a moderator or anything like that, it's just good sense not to publish such things.

I've never used a cellphone, little concerned about electromagnetic radiation...

cell phones communicate with the base station every 10mins or so, check for yourself, so a simple LED circuit will detect this as well. The flashing toys attached to cell phones will display this pattern. If you are after mobile phone based remote control thru the phone modem port there should be dozens of designs on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back