Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Crosswalk Sign wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

phunctional

hey all, i acquired this crosswalk sign that fell off of a street light legally since i know someone who works for the city. anywho, i was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to wire this puppy up so that it lights up? it would look awesome i think! theres 3 wires that are disconnected, they are blue, white, and orange. also, heres a picture of the back of it maybe that will help. Thanks in advance!

**broken link removed**

What type of light source is used? LED? Incandescent? If I had to guess the three wires are power, ground and signal. Signal could be high for stop and low for walk or vice versa.
Start looking for the voltages written on the various parts like the capacitors. Start identifying other parts. I have absolutely no experience with crosswalk inner workings so keep that in mind. I'm just saying what steps I'd take.

BTW I mostly believe your story, I doubt someone stealing a crosswalk signal would take the time to remove wire nuts instead of just clipping the wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back