Crunch 3500w going into protect mode..

lambert91

My crunch 3500w is going into protect mode when i turn up my radio. I have a 2008 impala with bose.. i installed a LOC to stock radio, connected power and ground to the stock amp. ran both speaker wires from LOC to correct sides of rear 2 speakers.. I grounded the amp by the spare tire on bare metal body right under the carpet when you lift it to get to the spare... REM to rap fuse in kick panel on paasenger side floorboard.... positive to battery..

Most likely too much current draw for the wiring or battery, causing a voltage dropout.

A genuine 3500W amp would need in excess of 350A, which means cables with minimum 120 sq mm cross section. That's somewhat more than 12mm diameter copper.

That's likely also bigger than any body/chassis grounding links back to the battery & alternator?

The amplifier should have proper ventilation. There should be no short circuit anywhere in your setup. The impedance of the connected speakers should match the amplifier's specifications.

You need to get an oscilloscope trace of the voltage on the supply terminals of the amplifier. The current spikes taken by the amplifier will be very short and so the voltage dips that are causing the problems are also very short.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…