Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ct-9428gan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris01

I can't seem to find a datasheet on the CT-9428GAN.

It's an LED I scavenged out of an old clock radio. That's the only number that I've found on the back of it.

CT = Cree Technologies????

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

An LED with a part number on it? LEDs are not big enough to write part numbers on what you have is a module of some kind, could you describe it better or post a photo?

Oh sorry! I forgot to mention that it's a 4 digit (with a colon for time) 7 segment red LED as used in a digital clock. I always forget there are other types of LEDs! LOL!

Kris, you're using the wrong terms=) It's not an LED, it's an LED module, more often referred to as an LED display. You're probably not going to find a datasheet for it. Can you post a picture? Most smaller displays are common anode or cathode and each segment is grounded or fed VCC through a resistor to light it, however if you have fewer pins than you have elements in the display it could be multiplexed. If the elements are red you can usually figure out how the display is wired simply by using a multimeter set to diode test mode and test each pin combination to find out where the common anode/cathode is. The common is probably going to be the first or last pin not likely in the middle so start testing there.

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize it had a different name.

That's very good info. I'll try that and see if I can find the common connection. Any idea on the current? I'm assuming ~10mA.

I don't have any way to post a pic, sorry.

Many LEDs are rated for max 20mA current, yours could be 10mA, if you're not sure start with 10mA and adjust for brightness from there, most LED's will produce plenty of light at 10mA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back