CUPL and Daisy-chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

fedail

hi

i want information about writing CUPL by witch programmer

and the circuits of daisy-chain and downloader

CUPL is a fairly old language for designing PALs. We used a Data I/O 29B with interchangeable heads. I'm not sure we ever had the fixture for the BP-1200 which was supposed to be supported "forever" but which seems to be in need of an upgrade for another $6000. Sheesh whada racket.

Ah, yes, the Data I/O 29(SO)B. Ours died after the seriously undersized power pins heated the circuit board to destruction. We replaced it with the Data I/O 2900. We hadn't learned from the earlier model. We bought every adapter they offered with it, for $considerable. That checked out with an pin driver error about two years later. After $2500 to repair it, it came back to die (again) the day after the 30 day warranty expired. We bought an inexpensive EETools programmer as its replacement and never looked back. We still have the Data I/O adapters. Any interest?

The WINCUPL will easily let you take advantage of the capabilities of the GAL22v10. I can't say about the programmer, as there are 10 models on the site you provided. Which one are you actually interested in?

Later!
kenjj

fedail said:
the free one

I went back to the page you point to and did a page search using "free". Except for one mention of 'free space' needed for the software installation, there is no mention of a free programmer. Kindly provide a model number for us to check against.

Later!
kenjj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…