current at resonance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing it might be mechanically excited. How would you model that? I would think the response to loading would depend on the mechanical "impedance" of the mechanical exciter.

The problem with modelling piezo's is that their capacitance and inductance change with frequency. You can keep a piezo capacitive or inductive by choosing the frequency. Modelling for changes to capacitance and inductance is mighty difficult. If anyone has an idea how to do it i'd be interested in knowing.

Last edited:
Hi again,

Do you have the curves for the piezo? If you have curves for L and C you could use them to come up with a model. If F is the only independent variable, then L and C would depend on that alone. Sounds like numerical analysis though. I've done nonlinear inductors before where L partly depends on DC current flow.
Arent there any models out there somewhere on the web or something?

Last edited:

signal generator,,
i will extend the problem and will consider the both types with internal impedance and without

I'm guessing it might be mechanically excited. How would you model that? I would think the response to loading would depend on the mechanical "impedance" of the mechanical exciter.

yes mechanically excited. so if i want to find the power on the load could i end up with equation which contains the parameter of the piezo?

need the help too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…