Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current Divider...Kirchhoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkidd22

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out the currents in easch resistor in the below image for a while now and no matter what I do I can't get the currents correctly to match the simulation. Any help will be appreciated.

IMG_20140929_155452[1].jpg

Show your work so far in calculating the currents.

Well that's it, I get stuck right after the first branch with the 2K resistor after the source which is also 2mA and 4V across it. The current splits in both directions to the 3K and 1K. I'm just having difficulty seeing the whole picture.

You have three current loops. You need to write three node voltage or current loop equations and then solve those simultaneous equations to find the currents and voltages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back