Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current follower saturates on power up

Status
Not open for further replies.

col_implant

Hi,

I have a simple current to voltage converter amplifier circuit with a feedback gain fo 10K with a parallel 100pF for stability / bandwidth reduction.

For some reason the amplifiers output saturates when powered up and i cant bring it back down, despite driving the input current negative. This didnt not happen for lower gains

I have the supplies well decoupled with an RC (50OHM/10uF) filter, and another 100nF at the pins.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

C

Hi,

I have a simple current to voltage converter amplifier circuit with a feedback gain fo 10K with a parallel 100pF for stability / bandwidth reduction.

For some reason the amplifiers output saturates when powered up and i cant bring it back down, despite driving the input current negative. This didnt not happen for lower gains

I have the supplies well decoupled with an RC (50OHM/10uF) filter, and another 100nF at the pins.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
C

hi,
Under certain input conditions a circuit can 'latch up' and not recover when the over input level is reduced.

Can you post a drawing.?

Picture attached, as I mentioned i have 10K in place of the 100K.

Things that I have already tried

1) Shorting inputs together, and to AGND
2) Applying negative bias current (i.e. change to unity gain inverting amp)
3) Lowering the gain, seems to work for a gain around 300 OHM

Maybe its also worth mentioning that the amplifier is in a quad QFN package. Analog devices AD8643

Cheers

Attachments

• X_amp.JPG
    X_amp.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 136
Shorting the inputs won't work since that generates an open loop situation and the offset voltage can still saturate the output.

If the output is high then you want a postive current applied at the inverting input, not a negative current to reduce the output. The circuit is an inverter.

What is the input when the output saturates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back