Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

current limiting,148v lipo 9hp mountain bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

causalitist

I built this circuit that someone else made, i particularily like the ramp speed adjustment! this is for a "bicycle" and a huge 148v motor running on 148v lithium polymers.
im using a tc4422 driver,
i have 4148 diodes on each output of the chip,
timing cap(pin 7 to gnd) is .002 and timing resistor is 1.8k + a 100k pot. i get 8khz-hundreds of khz.
main cap 4" from mosfets is 500c103t250dd2b 10,000uf 250v
then there will be (2) unl4w30k-f metalized film caps + 2 860uf electrolytics directly on the fets inside the controller.
freewheel diode is (2) rurg5060

**broken link removed**

i was going to use (4) irfp4668 200v 8milliohm 130amp mosfets, but
i want transient voltage suppressors from source to drain and there arent any that are usable at 148v but clamp under 200v... so i'm going with the best 250v mosfet i could find(much worse) FDA2712 34MILLI OHM 64amp.
then i can use 1.5ke180ca tvs

im working on the current limiting(0-50amps). i want to use current sense pins for average current limiting(adjustable).. i want to use the allegro AC5755-200 200amp hall effect current sensor(REALLY NICE COMPONENT!), NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK, but i will try.
shutdown i want to use for a ultra fast short/overcurrent/upper limit backup current limitor.
i will use a 0.001 ohm shunt... which will put off 50mv max.. so i need an opamp to turn 50mv into 1v (or whatever threshold there is at shutdown, sg3525 have 1v)
i plan to use LT1677 or LT1218 op amp for a current sense amplifier.

below is a schematic for a old 36v 4QD controller. its beyond my level, but notice they have a 100k pot from pin 9(compensation) to ground, and the wiper going to pin1(inverted input)..

**broken link removed**

they have the drive mosfet, the regen mosfet... but then they have that bottom mosfet with a 400OHM SHUNT to ground(330ohm+100ohm) between the two is tapped to pin 4:current sense!

whats up with a 430ohm shunt?

looks like a few milliamp flow through the shunt, it is probabily a 1/2watt resistor.. very good idea to not add resistence to the power path. but the output of this would be alot of volts to the cs pin!

i have a feeling that the 100k pot on the comp pin is related somehow.

this is what im trying to figure out... the 100kpot, and the high resistence shunt.

i like the low battery cut off, i think i'll do that too.

i still have no idea what the 100k pot does.. pin 9 (compensation) apparently adjusts the gain of the op amp with inverted/non inverted (pin 1,2) inputs... and a negative signal will shut down the chip.

i'm very curious.

i will post pics of my controller soon

the big motor below is what im using, once i find a 90 degree gearbox.. and this is going on a 18speed mountain bike!!! wooo hoo!
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back