Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current per hour? and tilt swtiches

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothyjackson

Dear all, 2 simple questions - non electronic engineer here

1. If an electronic circuit measures 2mA draw/current usage - how much is this per hour?

Generally, how can the hourly current consumption be calculated?

2. Need to source a tilt switch which has the following properties

2.1 cheap
2.2 highly sensitive (i.e. could vibrate/tilt/activate from the vibrations of a car driving
3.3 zero leakage (i.e. when in OFF position [not tilted] no current can leak through its connections) -
3.4 Operating at 1.5 > 2V

thanks in advance

Hi,

1-

I think you need to know the Amp-Hours for the battery you need to power the circuit with. A circuit that draws 2mA can be powered for 1 hour by a battery that is rated 2mA-hr (2 hrs if the battery is 4ma-Hr). This is the theory. Practically if you do so, the time will be less than 1 hr. This is beacuase the voltage drops gradually as the battery gets discharged.

Amp-Hours is rated for batteries - not for circuits. A battery with 2Amp-Hr rating is one which can provide you 2 Amps current for 1 hour befor getting discharged.

2-
I dont know.

Aily
-------
MoM!!! I need some electrons to play with.

timothyjackson said:
1. If an electronic circuit measures 2mA draw/current usage - how much is this per hour?

2mA/hour....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back