Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CURVE TRACER SCHEMA !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ta2ctp

Dear friends ,
I need the curve (Lissajous) tracer first class schema for semiconductor testing.(For pcb repairing).
Help me..
Thank you, reading for my message..
Safak..
( e-mail address deleted - moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:
ta2ctp said:
Dear friends ,
I need the curve (Lissajous) tracer first class schema for semiconductor testing.(For pcb repairing).
Help me..
Thank you, reading for my message..
Safak..
( e-mail address deleted - moderator)

I don't see any use for a device like that in doing repairs, it's generally used at school or university to demonstrate the action of semiconductors. This isn't of any use when servicing, you only need to know if they work or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curve tracer

Nigel's right, but here's a simple curve tracer you can build to satisfy your curiousity. I also have an old National Semiconductor App note ('77) that describes a curve tracer circuit based on a quad op-amp. Its intended use is for checking out JFET characteristics. If you're interested, I can scan and email it to you.

IT IS STUPID TO HAVE AN IMBEDDED LINK SHOWN AS VERY DARK BLUE IN TEXT THAT IS BLACK.
Maybe the link should be in another colour like bright RED.

I agree, WHY do posters insist on hiding a link as part of the descriptive text, at least display the original link full address.

I don't see any use for a device like that in doing repairs, it's generally used at school or university to demonstrate the action of semiconductors. This isn't of any use when servicing, you only need to know if they work or not.
. (old thread)

It depends on unit/system complexity.

I have seen the useful repair features of a VI curve tracer , commercialized by Huntron Tracker. It can detect failures before they occur due to "ESD wounds" and changing the device input or output capacitance as well as actual failures by comparing signatures in complex circuits with power off, thus speeding up debug if analytical debug is slow. Good PCB Test Techs found them useful in our factory to improve repair times when ATE fault isolation was not avail and a unit used many cards.

I've also used the Huntron Tracker to analyze circuits.
Once that you master it, it is an invaluable tool for the repair technician.

It provides a circuit signature that allows for quick analysis. It is specially useful if one has a "golden" unit to which compare the signatures.

EDIT:
What I find interesting is that the OP only posted this single message, close to 13 years ago, but nevertheless it is still being alluded to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back