Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Custom anti-static bags / (Seal a meal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3v0

Coop Build Coordinator
Forum Supporter
I recall seeing a "seal a meal machine" down at the local thrift store.

Does anyone know if they will work on the anti static bags used to ship electronic parts.

I was thinking I could make custom sized anti static bags that would fit in my parts storage cabinets.

It should work, they are still just plastic bags. Some years ago, my company had a lot of plastic IC carriers that were not antistatic. We found that washing them in liquid detergent and drying them without rinsing, they were antistatic.

I took the leap and plunked down $3 at the local thrift store for a Dazey "Seal a Meal model 6000".

I can report, with a small measure of glee, that it works great on the anti-static bags.

A small victory but a good thing never-the-less.

They work on pretty much any plastic bag that exists. The only caveat is it depends on the porosity of the bag in question as to how well it holds a vacumm. If you just want to seal the bag, they're perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back