Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Custom Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh00

Hi,

Although not specifically electronics related I didn't want to post it in **** Chat and wasn't sure where else I could put it, but I have a quick question:

I want to get some nice metal enclosures made up for some projects. Specifically some rack mounted enclosures. I don't mind buying the side/top/bottom/rack ear parts from somewhere as long as they are compatible and go together easily but what I really want is somewhere I can get some front and back panels made up.

Ideally starting in small amounts as I will want to run a few single orders for prototyping/development but ideally capability to produce some larger orders in the future. If anyone knows of a company/site where I can get some quotations and also some software for designing the panels if there is any - it would be great.

Cheers

bh00 said:
Hi,

Although not specifically electronics related I didn't want to post it in **** Chat and wasn't sure where else I could put it, but I have a quick question:

I want to get some nice metal enclosures made up for some projects. Specifically some rack mounted enclosures. I don't mind buying the side/top/bottom/rack ear parts from somewhere as long as they are compatible and go together easily but what I really want is somewhere I can get some front and back panels made up.

Ideally starting in small amounts as I will want to run a few single orders for prototyping/development but ideally capability to produce some larger orders in the future. If anyone knows of a company/site where I can get some quotations and also some software for designing the panels if there is any - it would be great.

Cheers

It Would Help if you Gave your LOCATION!

If you Email me directly, I can help with one company that does this.

However Custom Work does not come Cheap. Especially Small Quanties.

Take care....Gary

ARGH! Really sorry, I thought that information was in my profile line. I'm in southeast UK.
I know custom work doesn't come cheap - but I'm hoping I can get away with just some 1U frontpanels being machined and I buy the rest of the case.

bh00 said:
ARGH! Really sorry, I thought that information was in my profile line. I'm in southeast UK.
I know custom work doesn't come cheap - but I'm hoping I can get away with just some 1U frontpanels being machined and I buy the rest of the case.

You would be better to find a company there.
And Be Prepared to Supply some Detailed Drawings of what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back