Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Custom ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

has anybody ever made their own IC? I have. Its easier than it sounds. just take a socket and put the stuff in there in strategic locations (close to connections) then use super thin wire (i used the wire in 24 guage stranded, I think its like 32 guage) and connect where you need to connect. I will be popping up a couple picutres in a second.

Yay 10,000 thread!

Why bother?

Can't you fit the components on the board?

If you're really stuck for space then use surface mount components.

In my opinion a custom IC is a PIC or a PLD (programmable logic device).

lol I had plenty of room, but when I wanted a simple circuit when all I need was power for it, this is what it is for. I was bored anyways. Kinda fun actually, cept when the wire is too small for pliers and you have to hold it, then you burn your finger, then you drop the soldering iron on your legs (wearing shorts) then you jump up, then it falls to the carpet and starts to smoke. Yeah, thats why it can be fun.

Why even build it into a socket? Ive done some freestanding stuff, where all the parts are built onto eachother =P Thats definately even more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back