Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dallas 80C323

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowinu

hi guys,

anybody have schematics of a programmer for the DS80c323.

thanks

regards,
crowinu

I disagree with the previous poster for the following reason. Just because a part is an operational replacement for another part does not mean that it programs the same way. A generic 8051 is actually a mask ROM part; you can't program it at all. As process technology changes so do the programming algorithms with respect to voltage, waveshaping, and timing.

If you need a programmer you should buy one. If you wan't to learn about how programmers are built then you should start with the manufacturer's programming specifications. Once you understand the programming specification you will be in an excellent position to evaluate any alternative that you find. In particular you may be able to identify critical shortcomings in a low cost programmer without going to the time and expense of constructing one only to find out that it has shortcomings.

Papabravo said:
I disagree with the previous poster for the following reason. Just because a part is an operational replacement for another part does not mean that it programs the same way. A generic 8051 is actually a mask ROM part; you can't program it at all. As process technology changes so do the programming algorithms with respect to voltage, waveshaping, and timing.

If you need a programmer you should buy one. If you wan't to learn about how programmers are built then you should start with the manufacturer's programming specifications. Once you understand the programming specification you will be in an excellent position to evaluate any alternative that you find. In particular you may be able to identify critical shortcomings in a low cost programmer without going to the time and expense of constructing one only to find out that it has shortcomings.

thanks papabravo i give a look. i just need to experiment with it instead of the atmel 8051core MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back