Dallas Chip Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promocom

I can save my company $$$ if I can repair a custom made multiplexer unit we had made in the 1990's. The designer has long gone out of business and most parts are unobtainable.
The present problem is a couple of the Dallas DS2550T controller modules have gone bad. I was able to find a couple blanks from overseas but I need to copy one of the good modules to the blanks. Can this be done and is there some company that could do it?

**broken link removed**

Thanks

You need to be more specific. "Copy?" "Blank?" WHat exactly do you mean by these terms?

If any of this involves reverse engineering an obsolete IC, you are flat out of luck. Far cheaper to just design a brand new module from scratch.

Last edited:
DS2250 is a 8051 board with battery and some ram.... lemme check ..

google rules: Dallas Semiconductor DS2250T
The Dallas Semiconductor DS2250T is an 8051 Soft Microcontroller Module, 32 I/O lines, 2 Timers/Counters, 5 Interrupts/2 priority levels, ROM-less, 128 Bytes On-chip RAM, Real-time Clock, 128k Byte XRAM with Battery Backup, Bootstrap Loader.

now, you need someone to fetch the software from that module and burn on another one ...

so ... DS5000FP on board (8051 compatible) ... I did not go trough the user guide and data sheet but it should be possible to read the code from the module if it is not "protected", if it is contact **broken link removed**, they migt be able to help

Attachments

• ds2250t.pdf
    118.9 KB · Views: 398
  • secure_ug.pdf
    686.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Looks like you are really screwed:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…